This is a tried and tested recipe when it comes to fake blood but I thought I’d share it on here for the Halloween advent calendar!
Great for a zombie make up look, if you want it to look like you’ve just chowed down on some human flesh or even a Dany from Game of Thrones costume after she’s eaten the horse heart.
You will need:
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 tbsp should do it
- Red food colouring
- Green food colouring
- Golden syrup 1 tsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar (to lighten the mixture if needed)
- Bowl or plate
- Take your water and pour around 1 tbsp onto the plate, next add a couple of drops of red food colouring.
- Add a drop of green food colouring and mix this in.
3. Start adding your cocoa powder bit by bit, mixing it into the liquid to create a thicker mixture.
4. Add your syrup to make the mixture thicker and stickier.
5. You can add more red as you go, to create a more vibrant shade and if you go too dark a little icing sugar is great for thickening and lightening the mixture.
It’s as simple as that!
Now you can drip this onto places you want to look gory or alternatively use it dribble from your mouth for a gruesome effect.
I will warn you, the more food colouring you put in, the less appealing this fake blood tastes.
Also, red and green food colouring WILL stain your clothes so be careful!
Give it a go yourself and gross everyone out on Halloween!